One of the most important things in chess is to judge a chess position. All players are judge in it through the game more or less. But what is the best way to do it. We will talk about it many times here on yourchesstraining.com because it´s important to development it.
But one of the best chess player in judging it are IM Andrew Martyn. He have very good channel on youtube, remember that we will let you know here in yourchesstraning.com about quality material all the time no matter where it is.
So have a look at this great video here. What he focus on are:
1) Count the pieces
2) Compare the King positions
3) Compare the pawn structures
4) Compare the relative piece activity of the two players
5) Work out if there are any threats
6) Make an assessment, look for moves.